Capitalism is at a crossroads
Tubbs Ventures was created to demonstrate that capitalism works best when opportunity for participation is provided to all and when products oriented towards solving problems are given the capital needed to scale. The ethos of the fund is that with intentionality, capital and innovation can be a force for good in the world.
Tubbs Ventures will pay special attention to developing the next generation of private sector leaders. By drawing on experiences of the founder, Michael Tubbs, in taking risks, starting new ventures, communicating complex ideas/ paradigm shifts to the masses, and leading a Major American city at a young age, Tubbs Ventures will advise, mentor, support, and challenge founders to think about the impact they want to make on the world.
Tubbs Ventures will focus on companies that seek to be problem solvers in the following sectors: government technology, financial technology, mobility/transportation; media, climate, and education; with an emphasis on founders from underrepresented groups. Our investment ethos is that leadership is the most important driver of success and we are committed to supporting and growing leaders, as well as their companies.
The network for deal flow and support for founders
- Active Alum '12
- Design School Fellow '14
- Media Lab Fellow '19
- Fellow '21
- Featured on Emmy Nominated Documentary
- Lots of relationships in the media and entertainment space
- Former Mayor
- Active member of US Conference of Mayors
- Founder of Mayors for a Guaranteed Income
- Warm relationships with every Mayor in a top 100 city
- Forbes 30 under 30 All-star Alumni
- Fortune’s Top 40 under 40
- The “Most Valuable Mayor” by The Nation
- 2021 Civic Leadership Award winner
- 2019 New Frontier Award Winner
Our Focus Areas
Our investment ethos is that leadership is the most important driver of success and we are committed to supporting and growing leaders, as well as their companies.
Co-Founder, Neon Club Money